A split spindle version of the ever popular 4 roller GU multipoint lock.
- Depending on date of manufacture either:
Undo screw or screws in the latch, remove, reverse and reinsert Push a flat bladed screwdriver into the small rectangular slot above spindle and pull out latch at same time. Reverse and reinsert.
- Remove latch and insert allen key into hole where the latch was, push down and turn allen key 180 degrees then return latch to correct position
- Overall length – 2285mm
- Distance between outer rollers – 1610mm
- Distance between inner rollers – 670mm
- GU locks are now manufactured with a new style centre case
- The main difference between old and new style is the distance between the latch and the deadbolt, this will sometimes cause problems with strike plates
- The other major difference in the height of the lockcase, although this shouldn’t cause any real problems when retro fitting
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by keys4u (see all)
- Barnet TV: Safer Barnet Episode 3- Identity Theft & Fraud - July 13, 2017
- Smart home technology – the key to improving your lifestyle and looking after the people you love - July 10, 2017
- Security Cameras - March 3, 2016