Bike theft, unfortunately, is not uncommon and therefore it’s essential that you keep your pride and joy safe with a good quality lock.
Quite often a good bicycle lock can be enough to deter thieves and it’s recommended to spend on average 10 percent of the value of your bike, which may seem like a lot, but for peace of mind and not having to fork out to replace a stolen bike; it’s well worth it in the long run.
We stock a wide selection of bike locks including the following:
- Cable chains/Shackle locks: These are the most common bike locks and are good if you need to leave your bike for periods longer than an hour. Bike chains can be quite lightweight depending on thickness and easy to transport around.
- U locks: These have the advantage of being less heavy than some bicycle chains. However, their rigid shape can make them slightly more tricky to carry around unlike a chain which can just be wrapped around the bike.
- Combination bike locks: These are lightweight and have the added convenience of being keyless, but generally are not recommended if you’re leaving your bike for lengthy periods of time. They’re ideal if you’re stopping off at a coffee shop and will be nearby your bike.
If you’d like some advice about which bicycle locks will work best for you, one of our locksmiths will be happy to help.
Get Fast Emergency
Call Our Emergency Locksmith London team
now for a free quote, consultation and advice
More Locksmith Services
- 24 hour emergency service
- 30 minutes response time
- 10% Discount for website call out
- Full range of British standard locks (BS3621)
- Fully qualified locksmith