Is your Gun Safe?
Gun safety and laws around gun safety are constantly evolving and that is why we recommend reassessing the suitability of your gun storage and security. Keeping your firearm out of unauthorized hands and eliminating the risk of theft is not just a sensible option, it is a prescribed safekeeping condition which is punishable under law if you do not comply with this condition.
We make storing your gun and ammunition easy so that you can safely and securely prevent, so far as is reasonably practicable, your property falling into the hands of unauthorised people. Gun safes are becoming increasingly more common because they feature a separate compartment which is ideal for complying with police guidelines to keep your ammo isolated from your gun. Safes come in all different shapes and sizes and protect against the threat of theft and some specific safes offer extra protection in the event of a fire.
What to Look for When Buying a Gun Safe?
As the market is flooded with product information in regards to purchasing a gun safe, here are a few things to consider:
- Weight – If you can carry it on your own, so can a burglar so make sure the delivery team build up a nice sweat.
- Price – It might sound simple to say but you get what you pay for so know your budget and what level of protection your contents need.
- Laws – Make sure your safe conforms to legal standards, for example, the ammo being kept separate from the gun.
- Storage – Research the specifics of your contents and dimensions of your safe before purchase.
- Type of lock – This too may depend on your budget but your basic key safe makes you susceptible to losing the key whereas code locks simply require the ability to recall your code.
This makes code locked safes more expensive.
We offer excellent services here at Keys4U Locksmiths and use the best, trusted products manufactured by the likes of industry stalwarts, Chubb and Yale. The safe services we provide include:
- Opening of your safe - https://www.keys4ulocksmith.co.uk/open-safe
- Safe installation - https://www.keys4ulocksmith.co.uk/safe-installation
- Removal or relocation- https://www.keys4ulocksmith.co.uk/safe-removal
To protect your investment and keep yourself protected against the Firearms Rules 1998, when purchasing a gun safe, we encourage you to consider a safe that conforms to British Standards BS 7558/92 and a safe that is police approved. This way, you know your firearm is being stored securely and correctly, and that is where our expertise comes in.
We can offer professional advice and impeccable service when it comes to gun safes, so should you require any information in regards to acquiring a gun safe, please feel free to contact one of our security experts for more information.
watch our: video