If You Can’t Stand the Heat
Internal fire doors, also known as FD30’s and FD60’s are potentially a lifesaving and damage reducing investment for your home or business. Installing that extra layer of protection between you, your family or employees, and a harmful, toxic fire could be vital when attempting to evacuate through the emergency exits. According to manufacturer specifications, at just 3:03 minutes of the fire burning, the temperature in the room where the fire began will reach over 500°F, and no human can survive that kind of intense heat.
Prevention is Better than Cure
Simple safety adjustments to your property can help to make a big difference when it comes to protecting your loved ones, so making every possible effort to prevent the spread of fire, and in turn, reduce the risk of severe injury, or even death in your home or business, should be a priority. Each fire door is allocated a fire-resistance rating (sometimes referred to as a fire protection rating for closures). They are used as part of a passive fire protection system to reduce the spread of fire and smoke between separate rooms of a property, allowing a safe exit from the premises.
- FD30 fire doors have a thickness of 44mm and give protection from fire for 30 minutes.
- FD30 fire doors are commonly used for residential and business premises.
- FD60 fire doors have a thickness of 54mm and give protection from fire for 60 minutes.
- FD60 doors are ideal for higher risk properties such as boiler rooms.
In most new builds in the UK, it is a requirement that at least some of the doors are fire rated. Whether you are a homeowner or the proprietor of a commercial property, if you are considering replacing your doors, it is worth exploring the option of installing fire doors for added safety and complete peace of mind.
Main Benefits of Fire Doors
- The right doors can withstand incredible heat for up to 90 minutes.
- Fire rated doors enable the swift and safe evacuation of occupants.
- Fire doors reduce the risk of damage to your property.
- They provide safe areas for employees, tenants or valuable assets.
For expert advice on fire doors or advice about any fire safety features, please feel free to contact our professionals here at Keys4U Locksmith Services who will be more than happy to help you.